Can’t find your Google Place ID? Most tutorials just tell you to search for your business on Google’s Place ID Finder and assume you’ll find it.
But what if your business doesn’t show up? It turns out this is a pretty common problem, yet hardly anyone ever addresses it.
This article will explain how to find your place ID number even if it doesn’t show up in the Place ID Finder.
UAE’s Business Reviews module requires the Google Places API key to display reviews of Google Places. This article will help you find your Google Place ID.
It is very easy to get the Google Place ID of your business –
Step 1 – Visit the link here.
Step 2 – Enter your business location. A location drop pin will display your Place ID.
Step 3 – Copy the Place ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and you will need to paste it in the widget under the Google Place ID.
The Standard (somewhat unreliable) Method…
So, a quick recap…
The standard way to find your Google Places ID is to go to https://developers.google.com/places/place-id and search for your company name. (There are plenty of articles that cover this.)
But sometimes it just doesn’t work.
Sometimes your company won’t show up in the search above. Whether it’s a problem with Google’s database, or something else is hard to say. But one thing is clear: it’s frustrating.
How To Find Any Google Place ID?
1. Search for your business on Google.
2. Inspect the “Write a Review” button. To do this in Firefox, right-click and choose “Inspect Element“. In Chrome, right-click and choose “Inspect“. (Most browsers follow a similar process.)
3. Find “data-PID” as shown above. (This part is a little tricky, but just look inside the <a> tag until you find data-pid=).
4. Copy the characters within the quotes (as shown above).
You now have your Google Places ID. Paste this somewhere you can easily find it.
How To Use Google Place Finder Tool?
To use this, users simply need to go to the Google Place ID Finder. Here, they can type in the address of the place for which they want to find the Place ID. For example, if users type in Empire State Building, New York this ID finder will show the Place ID (ChIJtcaxrqlZwokRfwmmibzPsTU) for it. If users are having trouble finding the Place ID this way, they can follow the steps below.
- Go to the web browser and enter the address in the search bar.
- Right-Click on the ‘Write a Review’ option on the right-hand side where the address is displayed after the search.
- Click Inspect
- Keep browsing till there is a data-pid value
- This is the Google Place ID for the location